To Our Patients,
As of May 18, 2020, River Valley Dental has re-opened its doors to both new and established patients.
While you’ve been social distancing at home, our team has been working hard to ensure the long-term safety of our patients and staff. In doing so, we've developed a new appointment protocol designed to focus on infection control and efficiency.
Here are some things you should expect during your upcoming visit:
A New Patient Experience
- Pre-Screening: Each patient undergoes a medical pre-screening prior to their appointment. We are also taking the temperatures of all patients prior to admitting them into the building.
- Patient Face Mask and Glove Protocol: We ask that all patients arrive wearing a face mask. We also ask that patients refrain from wearing personal protective gloves in our office as this could compromise our safety protocol.
- Curbside Check-in: To avoid unnecessary exposure, we are asking that all patients check-in from the parking lot, in their vehicles.
- Teledentistry Appointments: Our goal is to keep unnecessary office visits to a minimum, which is why we are offering teledentistry appointments for a variety of consultations and followups.
- At-Risk Patient Hours: We are offering special hours to patients who are in high-risk groups, including seniors and those who are immunocompromised.
- Family Appointments: When you schedule a family appointment, our team is able to treat up to 6 family members at a time, allowing for a more private treatment experience.
- Expanded Appointment Times: To adhere to social distancing guidelines and as a way to save you from potential followup appointments, River Valley Dental is offering expanded appointment days and times. This change allows our team to perform multiple treatments in one visit!
- No Handshakes: Though we usually love to welcome our patients with nice, warm handshakes, we are abstaining from unnecessary contact during this time.
- Antimicrobial Mouth Rinse: Once in the dental chair, all patients will rinse their mouths with an antimicrobial solution as a sanitary measure.
A Staff That’s Educated On Infection Control
- Advanced Staff Training: Each staff member has undergone specialized training focused on prevention and disease control.
- Enhanced Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Clinical Employees: Our dentists, hygienists, and assistants wear the following PPE during all appointments: face shields, N95 or Level 3 masks, nitrile gloves, replacement gowns, and head coverings.
- Team Member Health Checks: All of our team members are being checked daily for fevers and symptoms.
- Personal Hygiene Standards: All staff members must adhere to strict personal hygiene standards. They must also change into their work clothes and PPT (Personal Protect Equipment) at our office to keep the environment as sanitary as possible.
A Safe & Sanitary Dental Environment
- Social Distancing in Place: River Valley Dental is adhering to all social distancing standards, including a closed waiting area, a designated entrance and exit, and curbside check-in. Additionally, there will be no toys, magazines, or refreshments available during appointments.
- Designated Entrance and Exit: We have established a designated entrance and exit to prevent unnecessary foot traffic in certain areas of our office.
- No Office Tours: While we usually love showing off our office, all office tours are currently suspended in order to keep foot traffic to a minimum.
- Front Desk Shields: In order to prevent any potential spread of infection, our front desk staff is performing transactions behind desk shields. Additionally, they have been instructed to wear face masks throughout the entire workday.
- Thorough Cleanings After Every Patient Appointment: Our staff does a thorough cleaning of the exam room and common areas after each appointment is completed.
- CDC and OSHA-Approved Instrument Sterilization: River Valley Dental is committed to adhering to the strictest sterilization guidelines instituted by the CDC and OSHA.
- Reverse Window Fans in Exam Rooms: Every exam room is outfitted with a reverse window fan for cleaner air.
- Rubber Dams and Dental Isolation Systems: To avoid unnecessary exposure, we are using special hygiene equipment during aerosol-generating procedures.
Although your dental appointment may be a bit different, the changes have been designed to keep you, your family, our staff, and the rest of the public healthy.
Call us today to schedule your dental appointment. River Valley Dental is ready to take care of you and your family once again!
Thank you for trusting us with your smile!
River Valley Dental